1. They know you don’t floss.
At least, definitely not as much as you say you do.
2. They can probably estimate how much time your teeth have before they fall out.
If they mention your “bad gums,” you’re in trouble.
3. They know if you have night terrors…
If you have midnight trauma, you probably grind your teeth. Can’t even keep your innermost fears from your dental hygienist.
4. They know what you ate before you came in…
Especially if you didn’t brush before. RUDE.
5. They know you get sick often if you have bad gums.
That’s right. Bad dental hygiene at home contributes to a ton of illnesses—which is incredibly clear the first time your dental hygienist looks in your mouth.
6. They know if you don’t brush correctly.
Because you’re obviously missing some spots.
7. They know about all those candy binges…
Because sugar actually eats at your tooth enamel and increases your risk of cavities. They see everything.
8. They know you’re overestimating your pain.
On a scale of 1-to-10, how much are you exaggerating?
9. They know you don’t trust them like your dentist… but you should.
Your dental hygienist is the one responsible for deep-cleaning your teeth and educating you on how best to eat, brush, and floss moving forward. They also know a great deal about gum and other tooth-related diseases (but they cannot, technically, diagnose).
10. They know you’re a grown man or woman outside of the office, but that you’re a child in the dental chair.
Because a grown man wouldn’t yelp at the suction.